Sunday, August 21, 2011

End of summer and big changes

The end of summer is almost here.  This year we find ourselves on the brink of a new era for our family, because someone is going to school!  My heart is definitely still in homeschooling and it is still our first choice for our children’s education.  However, we hold this view as a “year at a time, child at a time” decision.  A combination of reasons have led us to enroll Jake at Christ Presbyterian Academy for Kindergarten this fall.  So off he will go tomorrow.  I know it is going to be a great year for him and I feel confident that the school is a very special place for him to spend so much of his day.  It has been a hard process to make this decision and while I know it is the right thing for Jake this year, part of me is still profoundly sad.

IMG_0298

Jake is our creative, free spirited child.  We will miss having him around but we look forward to seeing what God has in store for all of us in this new chapter of Jake’s life and our family. 

2 comments:

The Fish Family said...

Oh how I understand!!! I pray for you. Last year brought me many tears and many tears for my kids (at the beginning) but this year was so different. I have seen my daughter bloom in ways that I never imagined. God is good and His ways are perfect. I pray a wonderful school year for ya'll.

stephanie said...

Oh sweet, Ann. What a fun blog! Forgive me for not checking this sooner! This is so fun to see it all organized with pictures, I love it! Many prayers for the long commute and early rising. God IS good! Steph