Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Seattle trip!

The Pereiras are not big travelers, at least not at this stage of many small children, some of whom need naps and special foods to maintain optimum functioning.  In spite of our lack of travel enthusiasm, we decided it was time to make the big trip out to Seattle to visit my family, and especially the kids’ one living great grandmother, who is now 95 years old and in declining health.  We had not been as a whole family since 2007.

Here are the highlights:

DSCN1484DSCN1487

Visit to the aquarium followed by lunch on the waterfront at Ivar’s and feeding the seagulls.

DSCN1500DSCN1528

Birthday brunch for Ben at the Space Needle!  A very special and memorable outing!

DSCN1596

2 sweet visits with my precious Grandma!  We love you so much!

DSCN1648

DSCN1679

The boys’ favorite part of the trip… going to the beach!  The water was really cold but that didn’t stop Jake and Ben from getting in.  We were so blessed to enjoy beautiful weather for the whole trip.

DSCN1490DSCN1497

DSCN1716

One of my favorite parts- having all of my family in the place where I grew up.  There is such a comforting familiarity about being in your childhood home and it was fun to share it with my kids.  My parents were so kind and generous to have us all in such a small space.  Hopefully we didn’t stress them out too much.  I miss many things about living in the northwest- it is always good to go back!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Let me know if you're ever up here again and have time to visit! Would love to see you and meet your beautiful family!