Monday, March 05, 2012

Funnel Cloud

funnel cloud 3.2.2012

When this picture was taken from a hill overlooking my neighborhood, I was huddled in my closet with my five children, listening to a sound like I had never heard before in my life.  Loud pops and cracking sounds all around us.  The interior doors were rattling.  I could feel the hail pelting the house from inside.  I wondered if a tornado was tearing my house apart.  Meanwhile, the big boys are bouncing around in the closet and trying to open the door, completely oblivious to the potential danger we were in.

After a few very long minutes, the pelting stopped.  We emerged from the closet and went outside to find this:

IMG_0104

Caused by this:

IMG_0103

We’re getting a new roof and new vinyl siding.  Thank you State Farm.  Later we found out a tornado had touched down just west of us but it had lifted as the storm passed over our house.  Most of all, thank you Jesus for protecting us from what could have been!

No comments: