Wednesday, March 28, 2012

a little project with Annie

Annie Sloan that is.  I read the rave reviews on DIY blogs and thought that I would finally get around to making an upcycled door headboard for our bedroom.

Here’s the before:

DSCN2307

Here’s the after:

DSCN2433

Annie Sloan, she is pricey that girl.  I had no idea until I was actually at the register and nearly passed out.  Just 2 days later, I came across this tutorial about how to make your own chalk paint by using plaster of paris and regular paint.  Wouldn’t you know.  Will definitely be trying that next time. 

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks great! Did you paint the end tables too? I'm impressed! Would I just google her to find out more?

annieoaklie said...

Just click the links in the post to see her website... And the tutorial on making your own chalk paint! I did the end tables too. A little can of paint does go a long way.